In business and in life, sometimes you just can’t see it coming. That’s why there’s Rue Insurance. We’ve been helping our clients protect their assets and improve their profitability for over 100 years. “Be Ready with Rue” is a commitment to help our clients identify potential risks and create a strategy that both reduces these risks, and results in greater profitability.
We are looking for a highly detailed and customer-focused Account Manager to join our dynamic team. This is a full-time position located in Hamilton, New Jersey. This is a dual role which is responsible for providing technical knowledge and first-class customer service to our commercial bonds and property & casualty clients.
If you are ready to join a “Best Places to Work” company, then this is fabulous opportunity for you!
Benefits of Working at Rue:
- Awarded as “Best Places to Work” in NJ company 9 times
- Competitive compensation and employee total rewards package
- Solid reputation in our industry for providing client’s total rewards benefits and first-class service
- Workplace culture that promotes work/life balance, rewards hard work, likes to have fun, encourages community involvement, and demonstrates company transparency
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Provide prompt, friendly and professional service to all clients, which serves to enhance and build long-term relationships.
- Keep Producers fully informed of all important activities on their accounts.
- Monitor expiration list for customer accounts and initiate renewal process.
- Maintain electronic files in an orderly, up-to-date manner.
- Provide accurate information to underwriters and respond to customer requests.
- Perform assigned responsibilities in accordance with the client service standards established by the agency.
- Accompany Producer on visits to larger accounts as needed.
- Focus the majority of your time on renewal and service activities which will support the agency’s sales and retention goals. Handle all routine transactions without Producer involvement.
- Following workflows in the system including logging all activities in the system, updating applications/declaration pages, and processing all correspondence (memos, letters, faxes, email, etc.) through the computer system.
- Keep informed on current Bond and P&C markets, market trends and industry changes. Participate in seminars and classes for skill and knowledge development.
- Assist in placement of new Bond accounts.
- Ability to perform all tasks assigned to a Bond Account Manager in the day-to-day servicing and maintenance of Bond book of business in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Service Bond accounts in a manner to eliminate gaps in coverage, thus reducing our E&O exposures.
- Assist Producers in handling and processing of new and renewal commercial business.
- Follow the specific commercial lines renewal review process of the agency by providing all pertinent information to carrier for renewal business and obtain renewal terms and premium.
- Attend and participate in departmental and monthly company meetings.
- All other duties or projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 year’s industry related experience required
- Property & Casualty License required
- Demonstrates professionalism and a pleasant phone voice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated and reliable team player
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Team player
- Ability to multi-task
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Employee Total Rewards Package:
- Annual bonus potential
- Comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off + Flextime
- 37.5 hour workweek to promote work/life balance
- 401(k) with Employer Match + Profit Sharing Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Perks
- Higher education opportunities
- Room for advancement
Job Type: Full-time
- Commercial P&C Insurance: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Hamilton, NJ
- Property and Casualty License (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
If you are ready to join a growing organization, then we want to hear from you! Please feel free to submit your resume to our Human Resources Manager, Heather Mela, at our Indeed Job page, or upload your resume and cover letter below.
Rue Insurance is an equal opportunity employer.
Check us out on Glassdoor
In business and in life, sometimes you just can't see it coming. That's why there's Rue Insurance. Not just insurance brokers: we are your insurance advisors. We've been helping our clients portect their assets and improve their bottom lines for nearly 100 years. Be Ready With Rue is our commitment to help you identify risks and customize a strategy to reduce or eliminate your potential costs. Don't let a disaster ruin you financially, Be Ready With Rue.