In business and in life, sometimes you just can’t see it coming. That’s why there’s Rue Insurance. We’ve been helping our clients protect their assets and improve their profitability for the past 100 years. “Be Ready with Rue” is a commitment to help our clients identify potential risks and create a strategy that both reduces these risks, and results in greater profitability.
We are looking for an outgoing Administrative Assistant/Mail Clerk to join our dynamic team. This is a full-time position located in Hamilton, New Jersey. The Administrative Assistant/Mail Clerk is responsible for providing outstanding clerical support to approximately 65 staff members throughout the company.
If you are ready to put your customer service and clerical experience to a career at a “Best Places to Work” company, then this is fabulous opportunity for you! We offer fully paid training and the support needed to help you achieve your long-term career goals
Benefits of Working at Rue:
- Continuously awarded “Best Places to Work in NJ” winner
- Competitive compensation and employee total rewards package
- Solid reputation in our industry for providing clients total rewards benefits and world-class service
- Workplace culture that promotes work/life balance, rewards hard work, likes to have fun, encourages community involvement, and demonstrates company transparency
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing mail and faxes amongst the office each day
- Act as the Front Desk Receptionist by greeting customers and answering/directing a multi-line telephone system as needed
- Operates standard office equipment efficiently, such as photocopiers, computers, scanners, book binding machine, laminator, label maker, multi-line telephone system, fax machines, postage meter and scale, etc.
- Performs various clerical duties such as data entry, photocopying, faxing, scanning, filing, labeling, collating, etc.
- Accurately performs assigned filing duties in an organized and accessible manner to include creating and maintaining filing systems, filing and retrieving records and purging files
- Assists with special projects, including research, compiling data, producing reports, processing cancellation and reinstatement activities, direct bill reconciliations, accessing designated carrier sites for daily transactions, and preparing client and other binders to support the agency’s business
- Recognizes distinction between personal and commercial lines insurance documents and communications
- Prepares correspondence accurately from instructions and other provided information
- Provides clerical assistance and instruction to co-workers as needed
- Attend and participate in department and monthly company meetings
- All other duties or projects as assigned by management
Qualifications & Requirements:
- High school and/or equivalent
- 1-2 years office/clerical experience
- 1-2 years customer service experience
- Must pass a pre-employment, post hire background screening
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, team player, reliable and flexible (easily adapt to changing workflows/functions)
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Able to lift, carry and push up to 30lbs of mail on a cart around the office
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Insurance industry experience a plus
Total Rewards Package:
- Competitive hourly wage
- Annual bonus potential
- Comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Generous Paid time off + flextime
- 37.5 hour workweek to promote work/life balance
- 401(k) match + profit sharing
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Perks
- Higher education opportunities
- Room for advancement
If you are ready to join a growing organization, then we want to hear from you! Please feel free to submit your resume to our Human Resources Manager, Heather Mela, at our Indeed Job page.
Rue Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, religion, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, liability for military service, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait or genetic information.
Check us out on Glassdoor