Rue Insurance has been a 9-time Best Place to Work in NJ Award winner.
About Rue Insurance
Rue Insurance has been helping clients protect their assets and improve their profitability since 1917.
Our goal is to provide advice, consultation, and insurance products to protect and safeguard what matters most to our clients.
Rue Insurance has grown from a single coverage operation into a regional leader in risk and asset protection. We now serve the insurance needs of over 8,000 clients with multiple lines of coverage in 44 states.
To learn more about Rue Insurance, please visit our about page.
Education & Career Growth
Our employees are the lifeblood of our continued success. We invest heavily in continuing education and resources for our employees.
We believe that by investing in our employees, they will have the technical skills and resources to help our clients navigate the complex world of insurance. This ultimately builds better relationships with clients and drives growth for the agency.
We are committed to providing our employees with a career path that includes personal development. More than 70% of our licensed professionals have earned or are in the process of obtaining advanced industry designations.
Some examples of the training and education include:
- Monthly Power Hours to review internal resources and advanced coverage topics
- Bi-Monthly Learn @ Lunch training sessions for improving software, negotiation, and soft skills
- Quarterly Continuing Education classes for maintaining insurance licenses and designations
Our team is what sets us apart from any other company. Time and time again, the feedback we receive is that our team is welcoming, friendly, and helpful. We’ve achieved this by focusing on a few different areas:
- Ongoing customized growth plan and employee goals
- Mentorship from management
- Collaboration with team members to continuously improve processes
- Open door policy
- Active Employee Club that organizes frequent internal events, such as a yearly picnic, food truck event, and events for most holidays
- Agency Growth
- Employee Accomplishments
- Operational Improvements
- Industry Trends
- Education Opportunities
- Upcoming Events
Corporate Longevity & Structure
- Strong Financial Stability
- Detailed Onboarding Schedule
- Advancement Opportunities
- Competitive Salary
- New Business Commission Potential (for Producer / Sales roles)
- 401(k) Employer Match
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Annual Bonus Opportunity
Work / Life Balance
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Remote Access Available
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Optional Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness Program Rewards for Healthy Behavior
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts/Perks Program
- Ongoing Learning & Development Opportunities
- Support Professional Designations
Careers at Rue
Sales is the production arm of the agency. Producers develop new business for the agency, largely through referrals and consultative relationship building with clients, prospects, and centers of influence.
The Service side offers an excellent opportunity for insurance professionals to use their knowledge and customer service skills to assist our clients in building a comprehensive insurance plan. Service includes processing new business calls and referrals, provide service for existing customers, and administrative and technical support.
Marketing is the direct line of communication with our carriers. Their main responsibility is to work with producers to aggregate all the information from businesses. They then take this information and market it to the insurance carriers to obtain quotes for our client.
Accounting and Administrative Group
Our Accounting and Administrative Departments provide the back office support for our operation. There are a variety of job titles and functions including:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Administrative Assistant
- Marketing Analyst
- Mail Clerk
If you are interested in one of these positions with Rue Insurance, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.