In business and in life, sometimes you just can’t see it coming. That’s why there’s Rue Insurance. We’ve been helping our clients protect their assets and improve their profitability for the past 100 years. “Be Ready with Rue” is a commitment to help our clients identify potential risks and create a strategy that both reduces these risks, and results in greater profitability.
Rue Insurance, a prominent Central New Jersey, full service insurance agency is seeking a Technical Assistant to join our commercial insurance team. This is a full-time position located in Hamilton, NJ. Candidates must have the ability to work in a dynamic, challenging and fast-paced environment. The primary responsibility of this position is to provide support for medium and large commercial accounts.
If you are ready to join a “Best Places to Work” company, then this is fabulous opportunity for you! We offer fully paid training and the support needed to help you achieve your long-term career goals.
Benefits of Working at Rue:
- Continuously awarded as a “Best Places to Work in NJ” employer
- Competitive compensation and employee total rewards package
- Solid reputation in our industry for providing clients total rewards benefits and world-class service
- Workplace culture that promotes work/life balance, rewards hard work, likes to have fun, encourages community involvement, and demonstrates company transparency
- Career development program and we pay all the costs of all insurance licenses, designations or courses required to perform your position responsibilities
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Review new and renewal policies and endorsements for correct premium and accuracy
- Prepare certificates of insurance, automobile ID cards, workers compensation posting notices and any other insurance forms as needed
- Assist in producing word processing documents such as form letters and account summaries
- Follow up on outstanding activities for change requests, cancellations and reinstatements and update computer data accordingly
- Attend and participate in department and monthly company meetings
- All other duties or projects as assigned by management
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Associate’s Degree preferred
- Valid property & casualty license required
- 1-2 years of commercial insurance experience required
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Dedicated and reliable team player
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of Applied Systems Epic a plus
Employee Total Rewards Package:
- Competitive wages
- Annual bonus potential
- Comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Generous Paid time off + Flextime
- 37.5 hour workweek to promote work/life balance
- 401(k) match + Profit Sharing
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Perks
- Higher education opportunities
- Room for advancement
If you are ready to join a growing organization, then we want to hear from you! Please feel free to submit your resume to our Human Resources Manager, Heather Mela, at our Indeed Job page or upload your resume and cover letter below.
Rue Insurance is an equal opportunity employer.
Check us out on Glassdoor