In business and in life, sometimes you just can’t see it coming. That’s why there’s Rue Insurance. We’ve been helping our clients protect their assets and improve their profitability for the past 100 years. “Be Ready with Rue” is a commitment to help our clients identify potential risks and create a strategy that both reduces these risks, and results in greater profitability.
Rue Insurance, a prominent Central New Jersey, full service insurance agency is seeking a Assistant Account Manager to join our team. This is a full-time position located in Hamilton, NJ. Candidates must have the ability to work in a dynamic, challenging and fast-paced environment.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide outstanding support to our commercial clients in our Special Programs within the construction industry. They will build relationships with new and existing clients, work closely with the Producers and the Account Manager. They will assist with the renewal process, check polices and handle the daily servicing of an assigned book of business. They will also assist the Rue Risk Services Manager with any clerical tasks as assigned.
If you are ready to join a “Best Places to Work” company, then this is fabulous opportunity for you! We offer fully paid training and the support needed to help you achieve your long-term career goals.
Benefits of Working at Rue:
- Continuously awarded as a “Best Places to Work in NJ” employer
- Competitive compensation and employee total rewards package
- Solid reputation in our industry for providing clients total rewards benefits and world-class service
- Workplace culture that promotes work/life balance, rewards hard work, likes to have fun, encourages community involvement, and demonstrates company transparency
- Career development program and we pay all the costs of all insurance licenses, designations or courses required to perform your position responsibilities
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Assist Producers and the Account Manager in handling and processing of new and renewal commercial business
- Review new and renewal policies and endorsements for correct premium and accuracy
- Prepare certificates of insurance, automobile ID cards, workers compensation posting notices and any other insurance forms as needed
- Assist in producing word processing documents such as form letters and account summaries
- Follow up on outstanding activities for change requests, cancellations and reinstatements and update computer data accordingly
- Provide prompt, friendly and professional service to all clients, which serves to enhance and build long term relationships
- Perform assigned responsibilities in accordance with the client service standards established by the agency
- Attend and participate in department and monthly company meetings
- All other duties or projects as assigned by management
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Valid property & casualty license required
- 2-4 years of commercial insurance experience in the construction industry required
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Dedicated and reliable team player
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Knowledge of insurance company rating programs a plus
- Knowledge of Applied Systems Epic a plus
Employee Total Rewards Package:
- Competitive wages
- Annual bonus potential
- Comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Generous Paid time off + Flextime
- 37.5 hour workweek to promote work/life balance
- 401(k) match + profit sharing
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Perks
- Higher education opportunities
- Room for advancement
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter including salary requirements. You can upload your resume at our indeed.com page.
Rue Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction Industry Commercial Insurance: 2 years
- Property and Casualty License
Check us out on Glassdoor