In business and in life, sometimes you just can’t see it coming. That’s why there’s Rue Insurance. We’ve been helping our clients protect their assets and improve their profitability for over 100 years. “Be Ready with Rue” is a commitment to help our clients identify potential risks and create a strategy that both reduces these risks, and results in greater profitability.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Employee Benefits Account Manager to join our dynamic team! This is a full-time position located in Hamilton, New Jersey.
Our Employee Benefits Account Managers are responsible for coordinating and managing group and voluntary employee benefit plans for our clients’ organizations. They work in close partnership with the Employee Benefits Manager and Consultants to provide a high-level of client engagement, support and service.
If you want to play an integral role in the development and growth of a department within a large, privately owned insurance agency, then this is fabulous opportunity for you! We offer fully paid training and the support needed to help you achieve your long-term career goals.
Benefits of Working at Rue:
- Awarded as a “Best Places to Work in NJ” company
- Competitive compensation and employee total rewards benefits package
- Solid reputation in our industry for providing clients total rewards benefits and first-class service
- Workplace culture that promotes work/life balance, rewards hard work, likes to have fun, encourages community involvement, and demonstrates company transparency
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Provide prompt, friendly and professional service to clients via phone or email
- Assist producers in the handling and processing of new and renewal employee benefits business including plan design and negotiate with carriers when necessary
- Develop and maintain strong client and carrier relationships
- Assist in the placement and marketing of new accounts and renewal business for various group and voluntary employee benefit plans
- Maintain a working knowledge of federal and state legislation and legal issues related to the insurance industry
- Attend and participate in department and monthly company meetings
- All other duties or projects as assigned by management
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years of Group Benefits experience
- NJ Life and Health license required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of Health Care Reform
- Working knowledge of group benefit coverages and plans
- Team player
- Mathematics and reasoning skills, including practical problem solving
- Reliable, highly organized, and detail-oriented
- Moderately proficient in MS Word and Excel required
- Knowledge of Applied Epic a plus
Total Rewards Package:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus potential
- Comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 37.5 hour workweek + Flextime to promote work/life balance
- 401(k) with Employer Match + Profit Sharing
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Perks
- Higher education opportunities
- Room for advancement
Job Type: Full-time
- Employee Benefits: 3 years (Required)
- Life and Health Insurance (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
If you are ready to join a growing organization, then we want to hear from you! Please feel free to submit your resume to our Human Resources Manager, Heather Mela, at our Indeed Job page, or upload your resume and cover letter below.
Rue Insurance is an equal opportunity employer.
Check us out on Glassdoor
In business and in life, sometimes you just can't see it coming. That's why there's Rue Insurance. Not just insurance brokers: we are your insurance advisors. We've been helping our clients portect their assets and improve their bottom lines for nearly 100 years. Be Ready With Rue is our commitment to help you identify risks and customize a strategy to reduce or eliminate your potential costs. Don't let a disaster ruin you financially, Be Ready With Rue.