In business and in life, sometimes you just can’t see it coming. That’s why there’s Rue Insurance. We’ve been helping our clients protect their assets and improve their profitability for over 100 years. “Be Ready with Rue” is a commitment to help our clients identify potential risks and create a strategy that both reduces these risks, and results in greater profitability.
Qualified candidates must have experience in construction related industries. This position’s main focus will be on developing, monitoring and analyzing safety & loss control plans with specific and sound recommendations to reduce the frequency and severity of accidents.
Benefits of Working at Rue:
- Awarded as a “Best Places to Work in NJ” company
- Competitive compensation and employee total rewards benefits package
- Solid reputation in our industry for providing clients total rewards benefits and first-class service
- Workplace culture that promotes work/life balance, rewards hard work, likes to have fun, encourages community involvement, and demonstrates company transparency
Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Develop safety manuals and procedures for various industry groups
- Perform job site and shop inspections and provide a detailed report of the site including pictures and any hazard identification
- Attend job site inspections along with the OSHA inspectors that arrive as a client advocate.
- Provide assistance and reporting at the scene of any major job site injuries or automobile accidents
- Participate in the establishment and running of company safety meetings
- Provide and/or develop various safety materials such as: newsletters; seasonal safety information, etc.
- Review and analyze claim to implement a plan to reduce loss severity and frequency
- Conduct OSHA 30 hour, OSHA 10 hour, and other industry specific safety training classes. Ex: Driver training, trench safety, establishment and use of Safety Data Sheets, use of proper PPE, etc.
- OSHA certification for construction and general industry required
- 5+ years of hands on experience in the commercial construction industry or experience in a safety & loss control position in the construction industry
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- Working knowledge of safety regulations and requirements
- National Safety Council Trainer Certification preferred
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISNetworld
- Effective public speaking, presentation and oral/written communication skills
- Effective organizational, time management and project management skills
- Computer proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to be flexible and work independently
- Competitive Salary + Bonus Potential
- Flexible Schedule + Travel Allowance
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits Package
- Generous PTO
- 401(k) Match + Profit Sharing
Job Type: Full-time
- Safety & Loss Control in the Construction Industry: 3 years (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- OSHA 501 (Preferred)
Hours per Week:
- 31-40 (Required)
- One location
- On the road
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
If you are ready to join a growing organization, then we want to hear from you! Please feel free to submit your resume to our Human Resources Manager, Heather Mela, at our Indeed Job page, or upload your resume and cover letter below.
Rue Insurance is an equal opportunity employer.
Check us out on Glassdoor