This past weekend Rue Insurance employees participated in the Strides for Stroke 5K run sponsored by Robert Wood Johnson Hospital in Hamilton, NJ.
Danielle Torretta, Diane Pingicer, Ellen Saperstein, Robert Leonard, Amanda Morris, Patricia Shea, Margaret Kelly, John Warn, Linda Staggs, and Mindy Stein all participated in either running, walking, or managing our table at the event.
A stroke can happen to anyone. According to WebMD.com the early signs of a stroke are:
- Numbness or weakness in your face, arm, or leg, especially on one side
- Confusion or trouble understanding other people
- Trouble speaking
- Trouble seeing with one or both eyes
- Trouble walking or staying balanced or coordinated
- Severe headache that comes on for no reason
According to WebMD.com call 911 if you have any of the above symptoms for a few minutes. Every minute counts.